P.S. I Love You

9:57 PM


He is gone and he would never be back. That was the reality. I can no longer touch his hair, can no longer share jokes, can no longer cry to him after a bad day and just needed a hug. All that was left was memories and image of his face that became more and more vague each day. We were best friends, almost lovers and soul mates destined to be together, I thought. But as  it happened, one day destiny greedily changed it's mind.

Sad ei?! 

It's an excerpt of a book which a bit altered, forgive me Cecelia Ahern, I was carried away. I heard that this book was a huge hit that's why I'm hunting for a movie adaptation. I haven't seen the movie yet but it would be really fun to see how Hillary Swank and other actors play this moving and funny story.

The book opens with Holly and how she feels as her husband Gerry has just died. It tells you how she is grieving for her husband. He has written her 10 letters giving her advice which will help her after losing him. Each letter ends with PS. I love you. Holly has to open one letter every month. The book follows her life and how her friends, family and Gerry's letters help her through. She is very young to be losing a husband and he guides her one letter at a time where she finds herself laughing, crying, singing, dancing and being braver than ever before doing things she never would have done otherwise throughout the book.

This book was really good, I enjoyed it. I had a share of smiling moments, good laugh and felt Holly's pain too. The story was very original and touching. It wasn't what I expected it to be, it was even better, very realistic.

I found Cecelia Ahern's writing style simple and it was an easy-read. The characters were cheery and very real, dialogues are funny and Gerry's letter every month won't let me put the book down.  


Lem'me share you some lines that hit me hard, uhmmm yeah let's just stick with hit me, lines that hit me. hehehe!

  • "Some people go through life and never find their soul mates. They never do. You and I did, we just happened to have them for a shorter period of time. It's sad, but it's life."
  • "Deep down, she knew it was normal to feel like this, she didn't particularly think she was losing her mind. She knew that one day she would be happy again and that this feeling would just be a distant memory. It was getting to that day that was the hard part."
  • "She didn't feel thirty. But then again again, what was being thirty supposed to feel like? When she was younger, thirty seemed so far away, she thought that a woman of that age would be so wise and knowledgeable, so settled in her life with a husband and children and a career. She had none of those things. She still felt as clueless as she had felt when she was twenty, only with a few more gray hairs and crow's feet around her eyes." 
  • "She didn't want to hear the truth. She didn't want to hear that she had to get on with her life; she just wanted... oh, she didn't know what she wanted. She was happy being miserable. It somehow felt right."
  • "But Holly, nobody's life is filled with perfect little moments. And if it were, they wouldn't be perfect little moments. They would just be normal. How would you ever know happiness if you never experienced downs?" 
This book isn't your happily-ever-after story but this show the truth in life. It's about holding on, letting go and learning to love again. I thank You! Bow!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts