The Execruciating Pain of a Virgin

2:18 PM

First time ko?!

Today is an exemption of my same-thing-as-yesterday-and-the-other-day beaten path.



I'm the type of person who is adventurous and definitely try new things right away especially when boredom strikes. Although it was a bit late to experience this stuff, nonetheless people rounded with it knows best, it was indeed painful. I'm in deep pain now, and I've decided that I, Orange Cortez, will never ever, as in NEVER... uuurrrggghhh! participate in some effing fire drill especially if our office is on the 28th floor of a 30 floors building. :s


I've been with the company going five years now and I haven't tried or join the fire drill for the past years. And since my time of shift will be affected with the said drill, (they'll shut elevators down) my manager asked us to come early to work to render overtime the next day.

FACT
Actually this come-early-to-work-tomorrow is a must but the overtime part is not.

Since it's a must, i rather let the company pay for the day that I have to wake up early than the usual which i truly dread! My body clock is sooo used waking up at 9am onwards and now I'll need to force myself to start my day around 7 or 8, jeez!

ANOTHER FACT
For rendering overtime, it's either starting my work 1 hour and 30 minutes earlier than the usual or off the phone for three hours however you will need to join the fire drill.

I chose the latter! boogsh! Honestly I was all excited with the fire drill since i never been into one, well except on school fire drill when all we have to do was to get out of our classroom since we're on the ground floor. Where's the thrill on that?! where?! LOL :D

Lezzggoooww and start this drill!


I left the comfort of my bed at around 7am in the morning to have heavy breakfast which is our all time favorite since we transferred in Makati, knorr soup with egg. All charged up and ready for the day we set our sail to the office and we arrived 30 minutes early. A delectable palabok welcomed me at our office, that I can't say "no" to. After a yummy meal and full packed tummy, "Bring it on fire drill! You can't scare me now!" *insert evil laugh here*

fire drill buddies

It supposed to start around 10am but there's no alarm, buzz, bell ringing or even bird chirping! Hehehe! So me and friends started to just gather our weapons for the said war...

** shoul, protection from mr. sun since we don't have payong :b
** fan
** kool-aid juice
** subachinabels
** candy
Uuhhhmmm is this a picnic or what?! :b
** ooohhh and of course, me, myself and I

Eventually the time has come, from 28th floor we did what we have to do. Together with the multicultural department which i bet had a warm up before starting the drill, for crying out loud it's a fire drill not AMAZING RACE, we go on stairs 28th, 27th, 26th, floor by floor. For the first few floors all we did is to laugh about what we're doing till our joints and bones started to react violently to our activity. Around 11th floor, my knees turned jelly and wobbly. It started to shake for every step going down, good thing is, I'm not the only one! hehehe! Until we reached the last step my knees and now my hands are trembling badly.


When we reached the ground floor, we walked on the assigned place where our company was assigned to evacuate if ever there will be an earthquake. Assisted by our fire marshall, our feet walked us infront of people support building which is just infront of RCBC plaza. Because of the heat of the sun and natural hotness from me, choosss!! haggardness was plastered on our face, we used our stuff to freshen up a bit and then we forgot bout fire drill, this is what happened next...










It was all good, yes I did survive but the pain after the storm is what i cringe about.Next day, my legs hurt like hell that i can't walk straight. My thigh has this involuntary muscles movements that keeps on aching, add to that the throbbing pain of my head! I ended up chewing three pain-reliever-meds at the same time, to help me survive my day at work, unfortunately it kept me dizzy all through out my 8hour shift. uuurrgghh! And now I'm enjoying my rest day with an aching muscles all over me, runny nose and a developing cough, woooow! :s

This first time really hurts...

Been there, done that! And that's enough!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts