The Year that Was and The Year it will Be

10:45 AM

Time flies, how many times did I said that in my life? Ooohh cliche it is! But yes, it really is, have I mention it is my last year in the calendar?! (good thing there's super lotto! Hehehe). 


Year 2015 is a challenge. Pain, heartaches, disappointment, betrayals and lotsa bucket of tears, yes, 2015 gave it to me in one blow. Ironically, it's the same year that I finally gave in to Gods invitation to know Him better (which I'm really grateful).

It's been years that I gone back to church and attended Sunday's mass and add to that some worship and preaching. Couple of years ago, I prayed to Daddy God to lead me on a path where I can serve Him in church. And as they said everything we want are provided by Daddy God, the question is "are you ready for it?". Everything are within our grasp, the question is "are you ready to extend those arms and claim it?". 

As if everything was planned, He prepared me to be one of His servant. Late second quarter of the year, I attended a retreat which led me to people who fulfilled one of my dreams. To serve and know Him better. Thank You! I know it's all You're doing. 

I've learned a lot this year because of spending more time with Him. I've met a lot of precious people who are living proof of how great our God is. 

What's ironic? When I thought everything will be an easy breezy because I'm closer to Him ever than before, I'm wrong. It was a rollercoaster ride of emotions. It seems that compared from the previous years, I cried a lot. I opened, bare myself more than I used to. I told my stories to someone I didn't know. I turned into mushy cry baby. I voice out my emotions a little better. However all of this are showing my weaknesses and yes, this isn't in my vocabulary. I guess Daddy God let my defenses down, reminded me that it's okay to trust again, that it's alright to be me, that I can just be me.

Yes, it is a painful year but guess what?! the trials I've been through is like a painful therapy. Daddy God is my doctor. I know He is saving me from greater pain. The pain of bigger problem, of being stuck, and losing my faith. I'm somehow feeling refreshed and relaxed after all. 

I know it's a series of therapy and I'm willing to undergo, even it takes a lifetime.  I know I'm in good hands. 

I'm ready 2016, I have my Daddy God to back me up! 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts