Something Korean, Caffe Benne

9:16 AM

A friend told me that there's a new coffee shop in Makati. Caffe Benne is originated in South Korea. They serve coffees, be it hot, iced or frapp and a lot of pastries.  Being a person who loves "first times", it's a must, to try it out. Add to the fact that I have a friend who is a K-Pop addict, she loves everything that is "korean", so this is really it for my January first time project.

Fortunately after a muscle killing, a-week-lingering-body pain, badminton game, I was able to drag my friends to Caffe Benne. We drag each other actually, because where just too pagod, however that won't stop us for our first time. All right, so here comes the dreading part, finding the place. Zero qoutient in terms of directions, address, street names... aahh you know that already. Yes we did loose our way a bit, thanks to phone a friend life line, we saw the light just in time, in time for my crumbling tummy. Caffe Benne is in Multinational building along Ayala Avenue. However it's in the back part of the building. I believe it's easier if you'll go to Valero instead, well if you're coming from RCBC or somewhere there.

Caffe Benne offers a cozy ambiance that I instantly love. They do have seats outside their shop, which is very important to me. *winks* I adore their couch, their spacious seats, how the whole shop is designed, I found it so comforting. Soft music playing, fluffy-softie couch and smiling crew, I controlled myself to ask for a pillow. Eveything in Caffe Benne are lulling me to sleep *yawn*.


Luckily I got to held on my virtue, home is where the bed is, so we head to the counter and check on their mouth watering treats. Since I already had my daily caffeine dose, I decided to have their Misugaru cold drink. The drink is non-caffeine, a healthy drink that comes with.... My verdict, not for me. It tasted different, maybe it's too healthy for me. Hehehe! I ordered pandesal asado too, so Filipino right?! And its the most affordable too! *winks* We also tried their Choco banana bread, its a stack of toasted white bread with banana and whip cream on top sprinkled with choco chips. Nom! Nom! Nom! Though it's not like my lucban longganisa yum (weird comparison, lol!) but i love it cause is not sweet, soft bread and the mixture of banana and whip cream just clicked together.

My friend says this isn't the first Caffe Benne in the Philippines, there is one in Libis too. Another friend told me that Caffe Benne in South Korea is still the best, which I think it should be or must be, since they started it anyway. So I learned that aside from Kimchi, koreans loves coffee too, they have a lot of coffee shop in South Korea, I assume they love to park their ass for couple, quadruple of hours in coffee shops too, because I do. Something korean in me?! even with my big rounded eyes?! hahaha! Now I wonder what's my name in korean... Phone a friend!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts