I'm Running Away...

10:56 AM

Recently, I made up my mind to take up jogging  as my work out of choice leading to a healthy lifestyle. Why jogging??!! Walang bayad eh! hahahha! It was my housemate monee who lured me into this healthy buff running thing. And since my hectic schedule (work, unit, work, unit, work!) can be fix, I entertained the idea of me being healthy or me running around the planet este makati pala?!



First jog was... i believe on our unit rooftop, after sometime around powerplant mall and eventually I learned a peaceful place to jog, uhhmm not in ayala triangle (i said peaceful??!!) Salcedo Park! Giving in to this habit requires some mind convincing and eventually body follows. So I did some googling for do's and dont's to survive and of course...

 ♬♬♬♬ I'll get by with little help from my friends! I'll get by with little help from my friends! ♬♬♬♬

Stretching

After my first run, my legs ached for about two straight weeks and i feel like I was badly battered by some fraternity. Although I know that it will hurt the same even if did some stretching (yep! i didn.t stretch!) but I think it will lessen the pain or the days that it ached! Anyhow when I googled there was a discussion about when to have stretching. Is it before doing the run or after? After I collate some information, (charlang-charla talaga! LOL) it depends on the run, and distance. If you're doing a leisure jog or run it's okay to start the jog by walking and do the streching afterwards but if it's a long distance run or more of a sprinting run, stretching is a must! You don't want to have you're first as your last jog too, don't you?!



Jog Breathing

According to a friend, for a beginner you don't have to push yourself to the limit. You can start having a run-walk sequence. 5 minutes run, 2 minutes walk repeat till you finish your run course. After getting the hang of jogging you can do run all through out the course and then you can start improving your time. When I started jogging, I always got my side tummy aching, and according to a run addict friend, the aching was caused by improper breathing. All you have to do is, touch the side of your tummy aching, push it hard, hold your breath and after 10 second exhale and release the aching-side-tummy. Sometimes it works! Try it! 

What I Wear

Leggings and my singlet help me to have a comfortable run but sometimes when I run out of leggings I go for my shorts. And of course a rubber shoes to complete my outfit. Nothing fancy just being comfortable! Yun na!



Best Time to Jog

I always prefer morning before the complete sunrise. Cool morning breeze never fails to clear my mind after some kilometers of run. It's like my cleansing power whenever I do the run. However since work sometimes prevents me to do what I love, I sometimes do the jog after work around 8pm on wards however it's quite tiring especially when I have an early shift the next day. Anyhow nothing beats a morning jog in the province! Sweet, fresh cool air!



Jogging or running whichever you may prefer is one motivation that keeps me going right now. I'm planning to join some fun run to check on my progress, to be competitive in a way but nothing serious... all for fun! I posted some picture within my entry that I took whenever I do jogging, some are taken in Makati while other are from San Pablo.

Happy Running Away!






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts